Friday, April 11, 2014

Studious Tina!

          This week mainly consisted of me doing what I came here to do- studying hard! I realized this week how much I had procrastinated homework-wise during break week. I thought I had accomplished quite a bit last week but.... let's be honest, I could have done a lot more. :P I think I have spent more hours in the library during this last week than all the other weeks of this term combined. But good news is that I finished homework that isn't due for a while so I'm ahead of the game for all of my classes! Woohoo!

           Last Saturday morning I woke up to find that my food that I keep in our communal fridge had been raided by a few hungry, drunk people the night before so I decided to take a trip into town to restock! Rather than carry the grocery bags like I normally do for the almost two miles between my dorm and the nearest grocery store, I emptied my school bag and headed out! It was a beautiful day (as usual)  so I didn't mind at all! There's a food market that I really enjoy where I can get my fruits, vegetables, and homemade bread. I love it! Since coming here, my eating habits have drastically changed. Because it's still sort of "in-season" natural foods tend to be quite a bit cheaper than junk food regardless of where you go. Instead of spending $5 on a bag of Dorito's, I can buy about a dozen apples. Yum! One of my friends has gotten me hooked on fruit-infused water. So I usually purchase lemons and limes to cut and add to my drinking water throughout the day! I also add green tea bags to make it even more delicious!

           On Sunday I had the chance to Skype with Jess for the first time since she dropped me off at the airport. It was really nice to catch up and hear all about her jobs and such. I think that we've decided that I will live with her this summer and work at The Corn Palace and Subway when I return. Even though I will be paying rent for a place in Aberdeen, I will get a lot more hours in Mitchell and be able to save so much more money rather than essentially wasting a couple weeks when I get back trying to find a job in Aberdeen. I'm very excited to be back in the States! 

         In the same weekend I was able to connect with my friend Tonya from school as well. It was awesome hearing about all of my friends back at school and how they're doing! I also have been Skyping with Dylan as well periodically since I've arrived here. We try to Skype about every three days or so. It's very comforting being able to talk with him and always a blast! He has helped me so very much with adjusting to my life here! Also, he sends me pictures of Taco John's every once in a while to help me through my withdrawals.  

        So throughout the week my friend Marina (a fellow exchange student from the States) have just spent a ton of time in the library. We have a few classes together as well so it's great having someone to discuss and complain about homework with!

 
*Marina & I during our weekly trip to the local shopping center.
 
            Today, during my Outdoors Pursuits class, we surfed/ stand-up paddle boarded for the last time! The waves were fantastic and the largest that I've surfed on so far. This made it way easier! It took quite a while for me to actually learn how to surf well but I achieved it nonetheless! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of me surfing but a friend did snap a few of me paddle boarding. The beach we traveled to was gorgeous and was a very picturesque way to end our surfing adventure!
 
 
 
**Ben (US), Marina (US), Me, Julie (Canada), and Jill (France)
 
 
         I think that pretty much covers the highlights from this week! Not too much has happened and I'm predicting that next week will be even less eventful because I will be studying for my mid-term exams that take place on Friday!

Until next time,

Tina
   

No comments:

Post a Comment