Friday, April 4, 2014

Break Week!

        Hello all- this week's post may be a bit short because I had just posted a couple days ago! This past week has been break week! Many of the international students took advantage of this week by traveling to Melbourne, Sydney, and Cairnes, etc... but I along with a few others stayed on campus and enjoyed our week off! I ended up accomplishing a lot more than I had planned. :) I did boring things like register for classes, finalize on an apartment in Aberdeen, finally got my bank account here, paid residence bills, and lots of workouts. I also had some quality Skype time with different friends back home! Yay for technology!

        Yesterday (Thursday) I decided to take a trip to Yeppoon and to have a nice beach day. Yeppoon is a beautiful town on the coast with a wonderful downtown full of little shops and art galleries. It was great playing in the ocean, enjoying some delicious beachfront café food, and chatting with locals. I wish I could experience that more!
**An old church converted into an art gallery showcasing local artists.
 
 
**Lunch! A grilled chicken, avocado, and feta cheese wrap with fresh fruit.
 
**An intersection in downtown Yeppoon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
         This week, classes will resume and I'll return to my routine! It's crazy to think that I've been here for about seven weeks already. Time is flying by so very fast and Rockhampton is quickly becoming another home to me. Last week was a tough one for me in terms of homesickness! A friend of mine posted a quote on Facebook recently and it really struck a chord with me and how I was and am feeling. "You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place." - Unknown. As I'm getting closer to friends here, I know that it will be extremely tough for me to leave when the time comes. But, that's a ways away still- I'm enjoying every day "down under"!
 
Until next time,
 
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment